How to apply
University of Economics, Prague (VSE) only accepts students coming from VSE Partner universities in the Exchange Programme. The procedure of applying for the Exchange Programme at VSE is done online and consists of two parts:
- Start with your application after you have received an email with login details (username and password).
- Your login details will be sent from our email address: VSE Exchange <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Deadlines are shown in the table below (late applications will not be accepted).
All nominated students must fill in their online application upon receiving an informative e-mail with login details.
The application deadlines are as follows:
|Application deadline||Fall Semester 2019||Spring Semester 2020||Full Academic Year 2019-2020|
|Non-EU citizens||May 15, 2019||October 15, 2019||May 15, 2019|
|EU citizens||May 30, 2019||November 30, 2019||May 30, 2019|
Adding personal details + photo
At the beginning of the application period, each nominated student will receive an informative email message with his/her username and password to access the application website – “Application to exchange programme – add personal details”. All nominated students have to fill in their online Applications; otherwise they cannot be accepted to the Exchange programme at the University of Economics, Prague (VSE).
For more help follow the Student Application Procedure.
Prospective Exchange students are asked not to fill in the “Study application form”. Do not apply to any faculty separately and do not pay any admission fee. The fee is only paid by students applying to full degree programmes at VSE and is not refundable.
Integrated Study Information System (InSIS)
- Before Arrival: Application, Course Catalogue, Syllabi, Course Timetables, Course Registration.
- During Your Stay at VSE: Coursework Submission, Exam Registration.
- After the Mobility: Final Grades.
- Site address: InSIS, it should not take you more than 30 minutes.
- Username and password: sent to the student’s email (provided by the home university).
Application to Exchange programme – add personal details
- It is important to carry out the Application with special attention.
- In case you need help, try using this guide first: Student Application Procedure.
- InSIS section: My Studies (see the images below).
Good to know about the online Application
- You will receive NO confirmation from the system that you completed the Application, but the data will be stored after you click the “save” button.
- When you enter the site again, you will see the information you added before.
- Wrong way: „Study application form“ is used for applications to VSE full degree programmes, not the Exchange Programme. Applications to full degree programmes are subject to admission fee, which is not refundable. Pay attention to where you click!
Personal Data Check
- Personal data displayed on documents issued by VSE for grant purposes.
- Available here.
- Name and surname
- Please check if your name and surname (including middle names) are spelled exactly the same way as in your passport/ID and aren’t switched.
- The date of birth
- The day, month, and year when you were born (DD.MM.YYYY).
- Personal code
- The personal code is issued for all exchange students due to Czech law requirements. The only thing which is needed to be checked is the date of birth in the format: DD.MM.YYYY.
- Example: For boys with the date of birth: 13.02.1990 the certificate number is: 900213/ as generated according the law requirements. For girls with the date of birth: 13.02.1990 the certificate number is: 905213/ as generated according the law requirements. Girls have to add 50 to their month of birth. It means that if you are born on February (2nd month of the year, you have 52 in your certificate number). If you are born on November (11th month of the year, you have 61 in your certificate number).
- Type of study
- It’s necessary to check that you were nominated as a bachelor or a master student.
- Bank connection
- The bank connection is for regular VSE students only, you are not required to fill in the bank details.
- Contact Address
- You need to indicate your contact address, i.e. the address where you currently live (can differ from your permanent residence address).
- In case of discrepancies in your personal data contact exchange(at)vse.cz
- Issued by VSE for the VISA purposes.
- 2 documents:
- Confirmation of Study
- Proof of Accommodation
- Sent to the coordinator at the home university.
- Students with non-EU citizenship are dealt with with priority.
- Supporting documents issued by VSE are only some of the documents (out of many) needed for the VISA application
- More details about the documents for VISA purposes can be found here.
Data needed for issuing the Supporting Documents
- This information will be printed on the VISA documents:
- Name(s) and Surname(s) – in the correct order and spelled exactly the same way as in the passport.
- Name(s): Maria Theresa Andrea
- Surname(s): Suarez Montero de la Torre
- Date of Birth – in the correct order DD/MM/YYYY.
- Valid Passport number.
- Czech Embassy/Consulate where the VISA will be applied for.
- Personal data check can be done here.
- If there is not a 100% match of the documents with the passport, the VISA application will be denied.
- Should there be any discrepancies in your personal data, please write us an email to exchange(at)vse.cz
- In case of VISA related questions, please contact the local Czech Embassy.
- Takes min 60 days.
- Start with the VISA application as soon as possible.
- VSE cannot enter into the process and speed it up in any way.
- The student’s responsibility to take all the necessary steps to make the stay in the Czech Republic legal.
- You can find more information here.
- All info provided by the dormitories on their website
- Careful with the deadlines!
- Exchange students who apply and pay the deposit on time: a reserved place in the dormitory
- Not mandatory to stay in the dormitories
- VSE does not provide any help with non dormitory accommodation
- Provisional list of courses for Fall Semester 2019: published during May 2019
- Final list of courses available in the course registration period (June 2019)
- Lists of courses for the Fall and for the Spring semester tend to be similar
- For current course offer refer to this website
- More details: Courses and registrations
- Course Registration Process: complex, described here
- Students are required to attend the Orientation Week, which starts on Friday, September 6, 2019.
- Detailed schedule of the Orientation Week will be published in August
- Whole Academic Calendar available here
- Exchange/Erasmus at University of Economics, Prague group by Buddy System
- Established for Exchange students and local Buddies
- Do not hesitate to share your feelings, worries and experiences with your counterparts
- Another Facebook profile for gaining information is “Incoming Exchange Students VSE“